April 12-15, 2018
Featuring Benjamin Percy and Linda LeGarde Grover
We co-sponsor this special weekend with Valley Bookseller in Stillwater, Minnesota. Every year, we offer an eclectic list of books by Minnesota authors — and we invite two authors to be our featured guests each year.
On Friday and Saturday, choose among a variety of facilitated discussions covering the books on the reading list, and in the late afternoon, attend a presentation and book signing with the featured authors.
We are delighted to announce that Benjamin Percy and Linda LeGarde Grover are our featured authors for 2018.
Reading list for Books in the Woods 2018
By Benjamin Percy
The Dark Net
Delicate, Edible Birds by Lauren Groff
By Linda LeGarde Grover
The Road Back to Sweetgrass
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Valley Bookseller Selections:
Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig
The Nix by Nathan Hill
All the books are available at Valley Bookseller, co-sponsor of Books in the Woods. You can order online or buy books in person at the store: 217 Main Street North, Stillwater, MN 55082. (Gift cards make excellent holiday and birthday gifts…)
Benjamin Percy is the author of four novels, the most recent among them The Dark Net, and The Wilding. He broke in to comics in 2014, with a two-issue Batman story arc for Detective Comics. He now writes the Green Arrow and Teen Titans series at DC Comics, and James Bond at Dynamite Entertainment. His honors include a fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Whiting Writers’ Award, two Pushcart Prizes, the Plimpton Prize, and inclusion in Best American Short Stories and Best American Comics. He has taught at the Iowa Writers’ Workshop and currently has several film and TV projects in development. Find out more about Ben here.
Author Linda LeGarde Grover was named the recipient of the Janet Heidinger Kafka Prize in 2011 and the 2009 Flannery O’Connor Award for her debut short story collection “The Dance Boots.” Dr. Grover’s manuscript “The Road Back to Sweetgrass” received the 2008 Native Writers Circle of the Americas First Book Award. Find out more about Linda here.
Books in the Woods package includes:
- 3 nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- Thursday dinner, all Friday and Saturday meals, and Sunday breakfast
- Wine and cheese social
- All Books in the Woods activities, including facilitated book discussions and authors’ presentations
- All Naturalist activities
- $439 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $459 per person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
- All prices based on double occupancy, $49 single supplement for a cabin occupied by one person
- Stay an additional night (Wednesday or Sunday), including meals for $109.00 per person in a Classic Cabin or $119 per person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
Sales Tax and Service Charge are additional