Spring is a great time for walleye and lake trout fishing in our northern clear-water rocky lakes. The walleye will have finished spawning and will be schooled up in the warmer bays of the main lakes. The lake trout will still be in the shallows while the water’s cold, feeding near the ledges and reefs. The smallies will be spawning on the gravel bars and along the shore.
Grab your buddies or bring the family and come for any number of days you choose. You’ll start with a filling breakfast each morning. We’ll go over the lake map with you and give you pointers on the most likely spots. Or if you’d like to include some guided days, we have experienced guides available. We’ll be glad to provide you with a packed lunch to take on the boat with you if you’ll be out all day. Then when you’re through with your fishing, you’ll find a tasty hot dinner waiting for you back at the Lodge.
The Spring Fishing Package includes
- Accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from dinner on your day of check-in through breakfast on your day of checkout
- Unlimited use of a fishing boat, 20 h.p. electric start motor, gas, upholstered boat seats, nets, and minnow bucket
- Fish filleting and freezing for your catch
Special Note: Both Minnesota and Canadian fishing licenses are available on-line and you may purchase them before you leave home. If you choose to fish in Canadian waters you will need your passport or passport card, and a Canadian Remote Border Crossing Permit. You can get your Remote Border Crossing Permit online at: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf386-eng.pdf You’ll need to allow the Canadians 4-6 weeks for processing.
- $159 per adult per night in a rustic Canoer Cabin
- $179 per adult per night in a Classic Cabin
- $189 per adult per night in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
- Minimum three night stay
- Additional $10 per person per night savings for four nights; $20 off for five nights
- Children 12 and under half price
- Prices based on minimum of two adults in each cabin; Base cabin occupancies apply
- $64 per day additional for one adult in a cabin
Guides available for an additional charge and can be scheduled when you make your reservation.
Taxes and resort fee are additional