Package Dates: Fall
Fall: October 19-22, 2017
Your children thru 12 stay free during their school break
This late fall weekend in the north woods is a great opportunity to bring the kids out for a little adventure. Why not take a short excursion away since they’ve got a few days off school? You can all enjoy…
- Hiking in the forest on a trail of crunchy leaves.
- Looking for moose, fox, eagles and other local forest critters
- Joining our naturalist on an evening wolf howling expedition.
- Or sitting around the fireplace in your cabin with a bowl of popcorn and a board game.
The migrating birds are flying south. The calling loons are letting us know they’re about to head out. And the northern lights are often blazing across the night sky.
If you’re a birding fan, remember we’re at the edge of the boreal forest, and so have different birds from most of what you have at home.
Our naturalists are feeding chickadees, nuthatches , finches, woodpeckers, grosbeak s , blue jays, Canadian jays, and cedar waxwings. This weekend is about the time we also begin to see the migrating snow birds.
While the swim season is over, canoe season is not — you’re welcome to paddle out on the lake with a canoe or kayak. You can try your hand at fishing or just
Your cabin is equipped with a full kitchen, making it easy to prepare your breakfasts and lunches. Then your whole family is invited to the Lodge for dinner each night (included in your package).
In the evenings your cabin’s fireplace will feel cozy after the chill of the night air. A good book, a family game, a puzzle…a restful way to end each activity-filled day.
The MEA School Break Weekend Package includes:
- 3-nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- Your dinners each evening
- Canoes and kayaks, and all our guided naturalist activities.
- $495.00 per adult in a classic cabin
- $555.00 per adult in a lake home
All children, up to 12 year olds, are free with this package
Sales Tax and Service Charge are additional