Mid October is the time that the moose get a bit rambunctious during their rut, or mating season. The big bull are making their presence known to the cows in the hope that their courting will be well received. They make huge bellowing sounds that can be heard from quite a distance, as they mark out their territory. The leaves have dropped so the views can be awesome. We have a variety of spots in the woods for you to visit by hiking or by car that the moose frequent.
On one of the days of your package we include 1/2 day guided moose search. Our guide will take you out to one of his favorite viewing spots and do his best to call in a moose for you.
This package supports hiking and canoing as the spirit moves you, for day trips on your own. We review maps with you and make suggestions on where to go for the most likely viewing opportunities.
The Moose Viewing Package Includes:
- 4 nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- Breakfasts and dinners each day in Justine’s at Gunflint Lodge
- Packed lunch each day
- Half day guided moose search
- Trail maps and personal trip planning for your days of browsing and searching for moose
- Canoes, kayaks, and all guided Naturalist activities
- Call for rates and availability
Suggestions: Bring good sturdy hiking boots and binoculars