Let our horses help you explore the Superior National Forest from a unique view. The Gunflint Riding Stables at Gunflint Lodge, located 43 miles up the Gunflint Trail, is unique on the North Shore. Our experienced Wranglers will guide you through the vast miles of trails on steady steeds. Whether you enjoy a scenic ride or a full day adventure, you will be able to capture the essence of a changing forest. Traveling on horseback lets you enjoy the endless beauty while relaxing and basking in the sun on your faithful mount.
A hat, long pants, and closed toed shoes are ideal for comfortable riding.
The riding season generally runs from May to OctoberWe have a wide variety of horses that range from Quarter Horses to Arabians and everything in between. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, we have the horse for you. Our talented wranglers are great at teaming you up with a horse that fits your needs. The many hours spent on the trails together creates a deep bond between wrangler and horse. We invite you to join us for a ride and bond with a horse of your own as you enjoy the marvels that await you around each corner of our beautiful trails.
Friendly Jaunt 3-4 mi (moderate)- $65.00
Scenic Adventure 6-7 mi (challenging)- $89.00
1/2 Day Lunch Ride 16 mi (rugged)- $135.00
Dinner Trail Ride $99.00
Gunflint Stable Rules
In order to ensure proper safety, we have the following requirements:
- Weight limit – 240 lbs
- Age minimum for riding – 7 yrs
- Guardian needed for those under 13
- 1 adult for every 4 children
- Helmets are available for all ages, and required for ages 7 – 15
- Carry on objects that may possibly frighten a horse, (i.e. camera, water bottle) are not permitted on rides
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide pony rides or riding double.
- Closed toed shoes are required. A hat and long pants are ideal for comfortable riding.