Big Sag Fishing
Fish one of Minnesota’s premier walleye lakes
May 11, 2019-October 20, 2019
3 night package with 2 guided days of solid fishing.
Big Saganaga Lake is considered one of the finest walleye lakes in Minnesota, with hogs caught almost every day (28″ or longer). The record walleye for the state was taken on Sag, and most weeks there are 10 pounders and larger caught. Most of the big ones are photographed and released, since they’re the big females that contribute significantly to the success of the spawning run each spring. Besides walleye, Sag is home to northern pike, lake trout, smallmouth bass and whitefish. So come up with your family or a few fishing buddies for some great fishing, great food and a comfortable cabin to sleep in. We’ll provide everything you need for the fishing, and all your meals, too. For your lunches we’ll either pack sandwich lunches or you can opt to have hot Shore Lunch cookouts.
Sag is the largest and deepest lake in the Boundary Waters wilderness. Its surface area is almost 14,000 acres, and it has over 500 islands and lots of reefs and rock piles. So you’re much more likely to have success when you fish with a guide.
To fish Saganaga, you only need a Canadian fishing license. Anglers no longer need a Remote Border Crossing Permit from Ontario unless the boat is landed on Canadian soil. Ontario fishing licenses can be purchased in advance here: https://www.huntandfishontario.com/ . Our front desk can sell MN or Ontario licenses when you get here.
The Big Sag Guided Fishing Package includes:
- Three nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from dinner on your day of check in through breakfast on your check out morning
- Two days of guided fishing (including fishing tackle, boat, motor, gas, live bait, and landing net)
- Fish filleting and freezing for your catch
- $1206 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $1320 per person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
- Prices based on double occupancy; base cabin occupancies apply
Sales taxes and resort fee are additional