Bluegrass & Stringband Weekend with Dick Kimmel & Pamela Longtine
November 9-12, 2017
Grab your friends and your favorite instrument and join us up North for some musical jamming and a Bluegrass concert with Hall of Famer Dick Kimmel and Pamela Longtine!
This will be a weekend celebrating and experiencing authentic bluegrass and old-time stringband music with some of its best. Dick Kimmel has been entertaining audiences for more than a half-century throughout North America and Europe. The music of Dick Kimmel is firmly rooted within traditional old-time stringband, bluegrass, and folk music; genres where he excels as a performer as well as an historian, mentor, and teacher. Dick has been inducted into America’s Old-Time Country and Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame, the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame, and the Mid-America Music Hall of Fame.
Pamela Longtine plays traditional music inspired by the fiddlers who carried dance tunes, such as schottisches, jigs, and polkas from Northern Europe to America. She specializes in rural American hoedowns and waltzes as well as French-Canadian jigs and reels. Pamela’s original tunes, one of her specialties, are carefully placed in the style of the older fiddle tunes.
Friday, November 10, 2017
Daytime Jam Sessions with Dick Kimmel
4:30 PM Social Hour
8:00 PM History of Bluegrass and Stringband Music with Dick Kimmel
Saturday, November 11, 2017
Daytime Jam Sessions with Dick Kimmel and Pamela Longtine
7:30 PM Bluegrass Concert with Dick Kimmel and Pamela Longtine
The Bluegrass & String Band Weekend package includes:
- Three nights accommodation in a lakeside fireplace cabin (some with spa tub or sauna)
- Light appetizers social hour with Dick Kimmel Friday evening
- Dinner Saturday evening
- Attendance at all musical events, including daytime jam sessions, History of Bluegrass and Stringband Music with Dick Kimmel Friday evening and Bluegrass Concert with Dick Kimmel and Pamela Longtine
- Use of hiking trails and all guided Naturalist activities
Weekend package pricing:
- $199 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $239 per person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
- Prices based on double occupancy; minimum cabin occupancies apply
Sales Tax and Service Charge are additional