We love including our guests in projects around the lodge from time to time. This is the weekend we start to make the lodge come alive for the upcoming Christmas season. If Christmas is “your thing” you won’t want to miss out on this fun event.
We have two big trees to decorate and over 1,000 feet of garland to hang. The Santa and nativity collections need to be arranged, and the lights need to be hung. We’ll all pitch in together for a few hours starting at 9 a.m. Saturday. By the time we finish the lodge will be a winter wonderland.
On the first weekend of December, we’ll focus on decorating the Lodge with the garlands, Christmas trees, lights, nativity and Santa collections. On the second weekend of December, we’ll focus on wreath making for the Lodge. On either weekend you are also welcome to make a fresh balsam wreath for yourself too, a fragrant reminder of your time here that will last throughout the holiday season.
The Holiday Decorating Weekend package includes:
- Two nights’ accommodation in a lakeside cabin with fireplace
- All meals from dinner Friday evening through breakfast Sunday morning
- Use of hiking trails and guided Naturalist activities
- Snowshoe and cross-country ski rental (weather permitting)
Weekend package pricing:
- $209 per adult in a Classic Cabin, minimum 2 adults
- $229 per adult in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home, minimum 2 adults
- $149 each for children 4-12
- Make it a long weekend! Stay an extra night with all meals for just $99!
- Prices based on two adults; Base cabin occupancies apply
Taxes, service charge & trail fee are additional