January 1 – March 29, 2020 (not valid MLK or Presidents’ Weekends)
For the winter adventurer in you
More than $250 in savings!
If you love dog sledding — or have always wanted to try it — this winter adventure weekend is right up your alley. This four-night package gives you three days of Northwoods action. It includes several dog sled rides that will take you through the surrounding Superior National Forest or out on Gunflint Lake, depending on the snow and ice conditions. We’ll mix them up if at all possible.
In addition, you’ll have access to all the winter activities available at Gunflint Lodge & Outfitters. Our 75 km of cross country ski trails are the most scenic in the Midwest. Most are double tracked (a couple for skate skiing and one pet friendly). Dedicated snowshoe trails will take you through the heavy forest into thick cedar swamps and up aspen hillsides. You’ll have breathtaking views overlooking Gunflint Lake and the Canadian shore. You can also try your hand at fat biking on the trails or lake for an additional fee.
All your meals are included. Big homemade blueberry pancakes for breakfast — and lots of other choices. Soups, deli style sandwiches and fresh salads for lunch. And a tasty dinner in the Lodge which includes several seasonal nightly dinner entrée selections.
As you walk back to your cabin you’ll be able to see if the Northern Lights are blazing away. And you might hear the wolves howling from their habitat up in the surrounding hills.
The Dog Mushing Special includes:
- Four nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from dinner check-in evening through breakfast check-out morning
- Three dog sled rides (One ride per day; ride length depends on availability)
- Cross country skis and snowshoes
- All guided Naturalist activities
- $729 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $799 per person in a Romantic Cabin
- $779 per person in a Gunflint Lake Home
- Prices based on double occupancy; minimum cabin occupancies apply
Trail pass, sales tax and service charge are additional
Of special note: In addition to this special dog sled package, dog sled rides are available all winter, from 15 minute to 1/2 day rides