March 8-11, 2018
Grab your bike (or rent one here) and head up North to make a run for the border!
If you’re a fat bike fanatic, you know the joy of peddling through the forest. If you haven’t tried this hot new sport yet—now is the perfect time! Bring your own bike or rent one at the Lodge. Explore the wooded trails right outside your door and through the Superior National Forest. Saturday morning we’ll do a 10k fun run through the woods and across the lake along the international border. (You can continue into Canada if you have a remote border crossing permit). A shorter loop is available for the kids. After the ride, you’ll warm up around the fire with a hot beverage and chili with all the fixin’s in Justine’s.
After the fun, you can then luxuriate in your own private cabin with fireplace and sauna, some with an indoor or outdoor hot tub. Unlimited use of cross country skis, snowshoes, and all the hiking trails right outside your door are included with your stay. Breakfast is included in Justine’s each morning, overlooking beautiful Gunflint Lake. Come enjoy the weekend with activities for the whole family, deluxe accommodations, and fine dining.
The Fat Bike Fun Package includes:
- Three nights’ accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin, some with sauna and some with indoor or outdoor spa tub
- All meals from dinner Thursday evening through breakfast Monday
- Fat Bike Fun Run & S’morgasbord Saturday
- Chili Feed luncheon in Justine’s Saturday
- Event t-shirt
- Unlimited use of cross country skis, snowshoes, and hiking trails
- All guided Naturalist activities
- $329 per person in a Classic Cabin, minimum two adults
- $499 per person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home, minimum two adults
- $99 for kids 4-12
- All prices based on two adults; base cabin occupancies apply
- $79 supplement for a single person in a cabin
Rental bikes available at an additional charge in partnership with Fireweed Bike Coop, Grand Marais, MN. Reservation recommended.
Taxes, resort fee, and trail pass are additional