Grouse & Woodcock Hunting Package
Hunt the legendary Ruffed Grouse and the challenging Woodcock in the Minnesota Northwoods this fall!
September 29-October 31, 2019
With its mix of deciduous and pine trees in both new growth and old growth environments, the Superior National Forest offers some of the country’s best hunting for Ruffed Grouse and Woodcock, and it’s all right here in our backyard!! This is the time to make your dream trip a reality! Enjoy two full days of hunting and three nights of accommodations with this great value package.
Check in the night prior to your hunt and enjoy dinner at Justine’s at Gunflint Lodge. The next morning, you’ll meet with our outfitters to plan your hunt, then set off for a day in the field. Our kitchen will send a pack lunch with you to enjoy in the backwoods.
Return to your cabin in the evening, where you can relax in a sauna or spa tub and enjoy dinner and a cold beer or cocktail in Justine’s. The next day you’ll hunt new locations, then return to your cabin for a final night.
The Grouse & Woodcock Hunting Package includes:
- Three nights accommodation in a rustic Canoer Cabin or a lakeside fireplace cabin (some with spa tub and sauna)
- All meals included from dinner check in evening through breakfast checkout morning, including two days of pack lunches to take with you in the field
- Maps and personalized hunt planning assistance
- Pet fees are waived for your hunting dog (one dog per hunter, please)
- Rates start at $149 per person, per night in a rustic Voyageur Cabin
- Rates start at $189 per person, per night in a Classic Cabin
- Rates start at $199 per person, per night in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
Sales Tax and Service Charge are additional
What you’ll need:
Not counting a sturdy pair of boots, a blaze orange hat and vest and a shotgun, all you need to hunt grouse in Minnesota is a valid small game license, which you can buy here or at the Lodge.
Hunting guides and dogs may be available for an additional charge; call for availability.