Gunflint Trout Derby
March 2-5, 2018
Come out for a weekend of fishing and fun on the ice and help support the local snowmobile club, the Cook County Ridge Riders, at the same time!
Your cabin is right on the lake, just steps away from all the activity. Check in Friday night and enjoy dinner at Justine’s dining room. Saturday is the perfect opportunity to start exploring the lake and find your best spot for the competition Sunday. Or explore on land on miles of groomed cross country ski or snowshoe trails. In the evening you can relax in your cabin in a sauna or in-room spa tub or hot tub. Sunday breakfast is included at the Lodge and at 9 a.m. registration opens for the Trout Derby on Gunflint Lake, where you can participate in all the festivities, including the fishing contest, picnic lunch, and contests and raffles.
The Gunflint Trout Derby package includes:
- Three nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from check in Friday dinner through check out Monday morning
- Cross Country skis, snowshoe, and Nordic kicksled rental included
- All scheduled guided Naturalist activities
The Gunflint Trout Derby is sponsored by the Cook County Ridge Riders and proceeds go to promote trail grooming and development. Registration for the Trout Derby and raffles and Trout Stamp are sold separately. For more information about the Trout Derby click here. Snowmobiles and cross country ski trail passes are available for an additional charge.
The Gunflint Trout Derby package includes
- 3 nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from check in Friday evening through breakfast Monday morning
- One day ice fishing shelter, heater, and auger rental
- Unlimited cookies, hot chocolate, and coffee to warm up by the fire
- Ski and snowshoe rental
- Guided Naturalist activities
Ice fishing equipment rentals are limited, so book soon for best availability!
- $439 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $499 per person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
- Prices based on minimum of two guests
- Base cabin occupancies apply
- $180 additional for a single person in a cabin
Taxes, resort fee and trail pass are additional