Howling With Wolves Package
A unique and truly wild wilderness experience you won’t forget!
September 9-12, 2019
October 14 – 17, 2019
November 12 – 15, 2019
Here in the Northwoods we’re the newcomers. The natives are the wolves, moose, deer, bear and other forest critters. A healthy pack of timber wolves lives nearby. Sometimes we can get them to howl back to us come evening, when the stars are shining or the moon is up. A “ call of the wild ” that never gets old. These packages are timed to coincide with the full moon for the best night-hiking experience. Our Naturalist will take you along nearby hiking trails through the woods to an overlook where he will start the howling. You’ll be able to raise your voice yourself if you like, and see if you can entice the pack to answer. In addition, he will lead a day hike into an area inhabited by the wolves. You’ll look for their tracks, scat and any remains of recent kills.
The Howling With the Wolves package includes
- Three nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from dinner check-in evening through breakfast check-out morning
- Guided wolf calling expeditions
- $129 per person, per night in a Classic Cabin
- $159 per person, per night in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
- Prices based on double occupancy; minimum cabin occupancies apply
- Minimum three night stay
Taxes and service charge are additional