January 15-March 29, 2018
Ice Fishing Extravaganza
Cold air, hot food, and big fish–what could be better?
It’s tough to beat ice fishing on Gunflint Lake if you’re looking for trophy Lake Trout. This package starts in mid-January with the opening of lake trout season. We’ll set you up with a portable shelter, ice auger, heater, plus pointers to help you find the best spots on the lake for fishing (please bring your own rods, reels and tackle). And when you come back in with your catch, we’ll help you fillet it and cook it up for you as appetizers with your dinner. Once you’re back inside, you can warm up in front of the fireplace in your cabin, or with a sauna or soak in your private spa tub, then join us for dinner in front of the fireplace at Justine’s.
The Ice Fishing Extravaganza package includes:
- Three nights accommodation in a lakeside fireplace cabin (some with spa tub and/or sauna)
- All meals from dinner on check-in evening through breakfast on checkout day, including a packed lunch if you choose while you are out on the lake
- Use of portable shelter, ice auger, heater, and chair for fishing
- Cross country ski and snowshoe rental
- All guided Naturalist activities
- 419 per person in a Classic Cabin
- 479 per person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
- Prices based on double occupancy; minimum cabin occupancies apply
Ski Trail Pass, Sales Tax and Service Charge are additional
Ice fishing availability is based on lake ice conditions. No warranty is made as to the suitability of ice conditions during this time period.