Our complete canoe trip outfitting includes everything you will need for your trip, except for your personal gear (clothing, toilet kit, rain coat, flashlight, bug repellent, and fishing tackle, etc). Over the years we have tuned our equipment up so you have everything you need, but you will not be stuck with additional bells and whistles to carry around.
Fully Outfitted BWCA Adventure Canoe Trips for new guests – New Pricing coming in 2020
Royalex Canoe Package
2 Night /3 Day
3 Night /4 Day
4 Night / 5 Day
Each Additional Night
Kevlar Canoe Package
2 Night / 3 Day
3 Night / 4 Day
4 Night / 5 Day
Each Additional Night
What is Included in a Completely Outfitted Trip through Gunflint Northwoods Outfitters
- Complementary Bunk House Stay before and after your time on the water
- Map of your route per party, additional maps will be $8.00 per map
- Royalex canoes (with portaging yoke system located in the center of the canoe for one person to carry the canoe) weight around 65 pounds
- Paddles and PFD vests
- Quetico/Superior Packsacks – one personal pack per person plus all needed packs for equipment and food they are also lined with a heavy plastic liner
- Eureka Tent – we size the tents according to the number in your party and always leave you some extra room
- All meals, snacks and beverages – we pack from your menu selections and then add a bit extra for you
- Sleeping bag – we have large rectangular with full zippers for the extra tall person, or lighter mummy bags for the warm summer nights
- Therm-O-Rest pad – full length
- Tarp – one for under your tent – ground cloths and one for hanging – dining fly’s
- First Aid Kit
- Cook kit, plates, cups, utensils
- Coffee Pot
- Fry pan or Griddle – whatever you would like
- Dish Soap, scrubby, dish towel – bio-degradable soap
- Hot pads
- Rope pieces- to tie up your tarp or for a clothes line
- 50′ Bear rope – so you can hang your food pack for bear protection
- Toilet paper – we buy “green”, which is 95% recycled
- Propane stove and fuel
- Shovel and saw
- Water bucket
- Bunkhouse stay for your first night at Gunflint Northwoods Outfitters (your party will be the only ones staying in that bunkhouse.)
Some items to remember to bring along that WE do not provide
- Fishing gear
- Water purification
- Head lamps/flash lights
- Also this package does not include any meals at the lodge while you are staying with us here on property. Your first meal for your canoe trip will start on LUNCH 1 of your paddling day.
Food and Menu Selection
This is one area that we do things a bit differently from others- First, we are the only outfitter that can offer you food items from the Camp Chow line. This is a local company that makes their meals without preservatives, and makes them fresh for us by the week. On top of all that, the Camp Chow line has bigger portions with tastier ingredients.
Secondly, we customize every menu to match your preferences. We will send you a menu to pick from for starters, and then you can indicate your preferences (extra coffee, no tea, big appetites, gluten free, vegetarian, extra flavored drinks, more gorp snacks, extra fish fixuns, etc.).
Menus are due 1 month before the start of your trip and the final number of people is due 2 weeks before the start of your trip. The menu should be returned by the designated deadline at the top of the menu. If a menu is returned after the noted date, an expediting fee of $25 per person will be charged.
Spare some extra time at the beginning or end of your trip and head out on a horse back ride or soar through the trees at the Towering Pines Canopy Tour or keep it relaxed and enjoy a delicious meal from our on-site restaurant Justine’s.