Come and enjoy the peaceful Northwoods as summer winds down and the family vacationers are returning home, getting ready for school and with many heading to the State Fair to see what is new to eat off a stick.
Far from the madding crowds, up here we are enjoying colorful evening sunsets, the calling loons, and the rustle of the wind in the trees. There are scenic day trips to enjoy with a packed lunch, hiking trails to overlooks and for animal searching, and quiet dinners by the fireplace or on the patio. Of course, there are plenty of culinary delights to tempt your tastebuds here as well. While we won’t have walleye on a stick, we will have it in chowder, quesadillas, and beer batter fried with our signature mango salsa.
This package includes accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin or rustic Canoer Cabin, all meals (including packed lunches if you want to be out for the day), a canoe, and all our guided Naturalist programs. Better than a livestock show or fair ride, you’ll also enjoy a 1 hour horseback ride and a thrilling trip on the Towering Pines Canopy Tour zipline (maximum weight is 240# per person for horseback riding and the Canopy Tour). (One ride on each, per person, per stay, please)
State Fair Week Special includes:
- Accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin, some with sauna and spa tub or in a rustic Canoer Cabin
- All meals from dinner check-in night through breakfast check-out morning
- One hour horseback ride (must be at least 7 years old and weigh less than 240 pounds)
- One Towering Pines Canopy Tour zip line (must be at least 10 years old and weigh between 75 and 240 pounds)
- All guided Naturalist activities
- Unlimited use of canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards
- $159 per person per night in a Rustic Canoer Cabin, minimum two adults
- $189 per person per night in a Classic Cabin, double occupancy, minimum cabin occupancies apply
- $219 per person per night in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home, double occupancy, minimum cabin occupancies apply
- Children 6 and under free
- Minimum two night stay
Taxes and service charge are additional