Ukulele Workshop with Dave Seaton
If you are interested in being put on a waitlist, please contact the Guest Services department: 800-328-3325
Build your own tenor ukulele with Northwoods materials!
March 31, 2020 – April 5, 2020
Workshop begins promptly at 9 am on April 1st
This special package needs a minimum of 3 people and has a limit of 6 spots available – book now to save your spot!
Join Luthier and Gunflint Trail resident, Dave Seaton, for a 5 day course on how to build your own ukulele. Dave provides step by step instruction, tools, and the ukulele kit that includes stings, sandpaper, glue and locally resourced Maple and Spruce; some wood is even collected from the shores of Gunflint Lake, Hungry Jack and Loon Lake.
The major work has been done for you, but come prepared to use your basic woodworking knowledge to piece together your tenor ukulele. This class is perfect for beginners, experts and everyone in between. Based on your wood working experience, you may have the opportunity to embellish your ukulele. By the end of the class, you will have a fully finished and playable ukulele!
- Five nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from dinner check-in evening through breakfast check-out morning
- Ukulele building materials, tools and instruction by Dave Seaton
- 1 ticket per person to the Dick Kimmel and Kelly Coyle folk concert Saturday night
- All guided Naturalist activities
It is highly suggested that you bring a case or gig bag in order to transport your newly built instrument. You can purchase a case from Dave for $50.
- $1,275 per person in a One Bedroom Classic Cabin
- $1,219 per person in a Two Bedroom Classic Cabin
- $1,399 per person in a Romantic Cabin
- $1,345 per person in a Gunflint Lake Home
- Prices based on double occupancy; minimum cabin occupancies apply
- Non-builder rates available, call for details.
Taxes and service charges are additional